Categories

Links

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBonezx
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    I have been using Pitbull which takes a bit to initially get setup, along with some fine tuning along the way... I like it it has a lot of information in these units.
    X-perl.. i have used in the past, i don't remember there being too much set up time involved.. (there will always be fine tuning).

Now my question to all of you fine folks is which do you prefer... which one does the majority or you use?

and if neither then which Unit frame do you use?

As you may have figured out now... i love experimenting with different addons... Methinks will attest to that. I also love getting others opinions on what addons they like to use. I know i've seen a UI screen shot thread somewhere in the forums... but i'll post my current ui here.... as soon as i find a good one lol.Love the zx .. be the zx!
  1.  permalink
    I r teh confuzzled easily. So, I use x-perl.Ack!
    • CommentAuthorpersimmon
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    horuss and i both use pitbull and like it. we tried a few different ones (there's a thread around here somewhere) and decided we'd rather invest the time to set up pitbull and end up with a finished product that worked for us over other mods that are definitely easier to set up, but have "features" we didn't like or lacked stuff we felt was important.

we used to use mazzle and i really loved it. if the author had continued playing and updating it i'd still be using it. but he won't release his source code so it's just dedicated fans patching it together to make it work. he did do some modifications to make it easier for people to update but they are really slow to come and often don't fix everything.
    • CommentAuthorHide
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008
    On Live, I use AG Unit Frames -- doesn't do much, but it works.
    On Beta, I use Pitbull. It's cluttered, and auras don't work.

I tried X-Perl and didn't like it.

Grid is next to useless for me.
    Lifebloomer is godlike.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBonezx
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 edited
    Hmmm Mazzle! Yes i would still be using that as well! good stuff! i may end up just taking the time to setup Pitbull properly and go from there..

hmmm lifebloom, i've never heard of that one ... i'll have to check it out

yes i've tried AG units too.. didn't really do it for me

thank you for the reply's so far! :D

any other suggestions, folks?Love the zx .. be the zx!
    • CommentAuthorDruken
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    I found Grid godlike for resto, I set it up following this guide:

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Grid/Guide/Healers-Druid-Toadkiller

Gave pretty much the same functionality as lifebloomer but in a more compact area.The bear formerly know as Thenewguy, Bubba, or TNG
  2.  permalink
    I've only used x-perl and I'm pretty happy with it. I like how it lets me know if I have aggro and I can look at my character's frame to see how many mobs are targeting me. I use its raid frames too because they're small and better looking than the default and I haven't tried anything else like Grid.
    • CommentAuthorsdandy
    X-perler here. Creature of habit. I tried pitbull/ag_unitframes/grid. Always came back to x-perl ://roll
    •  
      CommentAuthorBonezx
    good stuff.. thank you for the responses!! If you ever find and addon that you just can't play without.. let me know.. because i'd love to try it out!Love the zx .. be the zx!
    • CommentAuthorpersimmon
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    if you liked mazzle, we kinda modeled our ui after it using pitbull. the lifebloom bar option in it works really well. i set up my unit frames to look similar to grid in layout (the 5 x 5 box). i believe most if not all the features are the same, but grid definitely takes up less screen estate. the major difference for me is that everything makes sense at a glance using pitbull while with grid it did not (not everyone has that issue but i'm not big on the color coded dots).

along with pitbull we use chinchilla for the map, bartender3 for the buttons and fubar. we couldn't live without auld lang syne (guild/friend list), garbage fu (offers a button to sell off all your trash and tracks the gold you've made), micro menu fu (to eliminate the menu buttons from my screen) as well as professions fu and professions book (let's you view the professions and recipe books for all your chars).

and if you liked the context menu from mazzle, geist is the next best thing. it takes some setting up, but it's nice once you have it. plus i recommend bankitems just because i think it's a great bank mod (which also works with guild banks across all your toons).
    •  
      CommentAuthorBonezx
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2008
    Persimmon. thank you for the suggestions there.. I use fubar already but never auld lang syne.. (was using friendsfu and guildfu) i will now be using ALS! :D .. not sure about Geist yet though..
    anyway, thanks again for the suggestions!

thank you to those who replied to this thread! I appreciate it!Love the zx .. be the zx!
    • CommentAuthorSheleg
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    x-perl works great for me. I am impressed with how much information it can give and how configurable it is. I am also very impressed that it worked without any fiddling after patch 3.0.2!

For selling junk I use AceProfit. For bars I use bartender4 which also survived the update. Necrosis works great for my warlock, but hasn't been updated when I last checked. Smartbuff works well for my druid and worked fine in 3.0.2.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBatseba
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    I tried Pitbull, but went back to x-perl. Works great in the latest version. I also use Bartender4 and SatrinaBuffFrames.twitter.com/_ado
    •  
      CommentAuthorBonezx
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008 edited
    with the patch .. i'm now using xperl, Bartender4 and just using the buffs built into xperl atm.. plus recount and omen3.
    I'm finding Xperl does the job very well for me :D Oh yah.. and i use ArcHud2 .. nice well layed out HUD.Love the zx .. be the zx!
    • CommentAuthorthujo
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2008
    I love Grid + Clique... you can tie in your macros too, which can be really handy.
Add your comments
  • Format comments as