Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Feral druid pvp keybinds
  • I'm curious as to what the more experienced cats use for a bind setup. My druid just hit 85 and I'm still learning how to play it. Not going that bad, it's pretty fun. But once I set up and learn the binds I don't want to have to change them, cause that is a pain. I'm curious as to how others have set them up. :)
  • #showtooltip Catnip
    /cast Catnip
    /use Purr
    The chintacle can sense fear.
  • /prowl
    /cower
  • If you find some good ones that work for you, I'd be interested to see what you've found out.
  • Allyn,

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here. Are you interested in the specifics of rotation and when to use CDs or are you really wanting to know which keys I have bound to each ability? I'm not trying to be purposely obtuse, but I don't want to write you a wall of "how to play feral" text if what you're really looking for is something very simple.
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • its hard to not say just use what you feel more comfortable with because druids have so many abilities to use im sure everyone's keybinds are different
  • I will post mine tonight =)
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • I do the same thing with every character with different phases of play (stances, forms, etc): make everything as consistent as possible. I have two phased bars for both cat and bear. For example, swipe is the same key on each, shred coincides with maul, stampeding roar is the same, defensive CDs are the same key, DPS cooldowns are on the same key, etc, etc.
  • I also have phased bars for cat and bear so that similar attacks match. I only react slower.
  • just a helpful hint if you see people posting cast sequence macros for feral IGNORE THEM they are all not beneficial at all. just make sure you got some reliable way to track bleeds/debuffs and you should be alright
  • I use stance macros for everything. For example the macro for my 'P' key I have:

/cast [stance:1] Mangle(Bear)
    /cast [stance:3] Mangle(Cat)
    /cast [nostance] Wrath()

and for 'O' I have:

/cast [stance:1] Lacerate()
    /cast [stance:3] Shred()
    /cast [nostance] Starfire()

I use Ovale with the EJ feral cat script to tell me what button I should be pushing next. The script is a bit overwhelming at first but once you've gotten used to it you can usually remember what button to push next.
  • Ah, that's what I was missing in my macros was that stance:1 and such actually works like warrior. I've got a few for my baby drood but they were copypasted not originally written.

And I echo what others have said about putting like on like, i.e. on all my characters the interrupt (or an interrupt like ability) is on the same key.
    The chintacle can sense fear.
  • Zoriana said:

I use Ovale with the EJ feral cat script to tell me what button I should be pushing next. The script is a bit overwhelming at first but once you've gotten used to it you can usually remember what button to push next.

This or DroodFocus are great for getting your rotation down. DroodFocus is simple to setup and, once upon a time when I was raiding as a feral cat, I used portions of that addon along with PitBull to build my unit frames.

Your DPS is entirely dependent upon maintaining your buff, your bleeds and managing your energy. As Geren said, after you've done it for a while it gets easier to remember, but at least at the start you'll want some kind of visual reminder for when to push button x, y and z.
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • Looks like Power Auras would come in pretty handy as well.
  • Bellaluna said:

Allyn,

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for here. Are you interested in the specifics of rotation and when to use CDs or are you really wanting to know which keys I have bound to each ability? I'm not trying to be purposely obtuse, but I don't want to write you a wall of "how to play feral" text if what you're really looking for is something very simple.

With this post I was looking for in particular which abilities people bind to which keys, etc. Like what val is saying "For example, swipe is the same key on each, shred coincides with maul, stampeding roar is the same, defensive CDs are the same key" but with more detail, like key 2 for this ability, key 3 for this ability, Shft-3 for this ability etc.

However, I would also be very interested in a "how to play feral" post too if anyone is up to it. :) Right now I'm learning to play it and interested in any and all information. :) I've been reading FAQ's online and whatnot but it helps to actually talk to people instead of just read stuff. :) Keybinds are quite important first step to get down though and once I learn them I don't want to have to relearn them, I want to set them up most efficiently at first. I just don't know which abilities I should make the highest priority. I'm still mouse clicking interrupts and that is just fail! :P

Leonhart said:

its hard to not say just use what you feel more comfortable with because druids have so many abilities to use im sure everyone's keybinds are different

I'm pretty sure I can become comfortable with most anything because I don't really have anything I'm comfortable with right now. I'm kinda just "winging it" right now. I do have mangle, shred, rake and rip bound to 2,3,4,5 but that's about it so far. I have a pretty good opening move, I think, down which goes like prowl, charge, pounce (with tigers fury macroed into it), ravage, shred, mangle, rip (if 5 CB) or rake if not, then rip on 5 CB and rake after. Then run away shadow meld, prowl and do over again, minus the charge cause of the CD hehe. I do find myself running out of energy a lot though, not sure if that's normal or not.
    Post edited by Allynn at 2011-09-21 10:46:12
  • in PVP running out of energy is common normally I'll get rooted/feared and get time to regen a bunch back. just make sure you keep TF handy in case of that. also if you are strictly pvping reforge to as much mastery as possible. the funny thing about feral pvp is the best PVE stat is the worst PVP stat which is haste.
    Post edited by Leonharrt at 2011-09-21 12:39:53
  • I'll post a screenshot of my UI later with the button list.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved