Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Team Rocket (Rated BG Team) - Mondays at 9pm Server
  • Blast off at the speed of light!

9pm server. If you're on my list, be there. If you fail to show up, I will PuG up to 2 members.

Lets do it.
    Post edited by Valisa at 2011-08-05 21:57:16
  • May i easedrop on vent =)

Also, Team Plasma is way better.
  • Absolutely!
  • Team Restraining Order.
    The chintacle can sense fear.
  • Thanks everyone! We'll be taking a break this Monday (unless someone wants to pick up lead), but we'll be back the following Monday!
  • Let's try to do it again Monday, minus Val? Maybe bring Sub in? Try to get our arena caps and just work on the one win for the points? Seems worth it, then resume actually working on it after Val's back.
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-08-09 02:38:39
  • http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/10-class-discussion/

Arenajunkies class discussion forums are at this link. Please read them.
    Post edited by Valisa at 2011-08-09 18:35:54
  • I'm game for next Monday as well..

Thanks for the reading, Val!
  • Anytime!
  • Who else is available this coming Monday? Looks like Sub can make it so with we have a replacement for Val.
  • I am, maybe slap it on the calendar for that week just for head count?
  • Well, it's not really all that calendary and we've had 3 people so far express any interest so it's looking a little on the unlikely side.
  • Well if we have Sub, then that's 5 people and I can harass some more. I'll post something on the calendar. Sign up if you can make it. I'll harass some others.

Editing to add: I posted a raid for Monday at 9pm. For Team Rocket, please sign up if you can make it. For anyone else reading this, please sign up if interested, have PVP gear and experience with BGs.
    Post edited by Jexii at 2011-08-11 11:33:31

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • I'm in if you need an extra for the week.
    a/k/a Victarious
  • We have 5 on the calendar, Hronk is neglecting to use my calendar but hoping he's still in. With theory saying Yes above, so far we would have 7. Will look for Wraith, Gali, Leon in game! We should have enough though.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • I'm in, Theory is in, Sub is in, I bet Leon-'the internet confuses me'-harrt is in, so that just leaves some sundry canadians and other riffraff. Go find 'em!
  • Oh and Spinn! Are you able to come Monday?

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Did this happen? How did it go?
  • Alas no - not enough peeps.. Wraith and I ended up doing Arenas instead..
  • Jexii failed us as an organizer and leader!
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-08-16 00:34:57
  • Its true! We just can't do it without Val!

I did make the attempt, but then took what I had hoped would be a brief nap before the BGs and woke up to a text from Waffle. Once logged on we didn't have all our peeps that we normally would like and some of us online were just not feeling it without the presence of our awesome leader Val. :) Come back soon!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • I had suggested to Jex that we not try and force it as an undergeared, thrown-together group could and would be frustrating. I was also utterly exhausted last night so my usual sub-par performance would have been less than dismal.
  • You weren't the only one that expressed concern about taking in folks who didn't have the gear to the RBG; frankly the string of losses from doing just that broke us the last time we did rated BGs. It was the smart call when we only had 5 regulars to not PUG the other 5 ;)
  • Glory happens this Monday. Be there. Calender invites will be live in game shortly.
  • Calendar.
  • English major fail.
    I love gnomes.
  • Haven't had time to get to Geren and 'verses' (vs 'versus')!
  • Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Jexii is drunk.
    I love gnomes.
  • so i got to reading this prot flag carrying guide...and ive basically gotta regem/reenchant and reforge everything to make it work...if i do this thats all im gonna be able to do that night so let me know
  • Just stay arms, then.
    Post edited by Valisa at 2011-08-20 18:00:04
  • http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973024237?page=1

A great guide for RBGs. It's apparently terribad not to have a rogue, so I can try Gearteeth instead of MK this Monday for team comp (also might have more fun on him, an important criteria for me). The problem is that I was the FC, albeit a rather unsuccessful one mobility-wise, so we'll need to see who's doing what.

What precisely is our team comp right now anyway?
  • criterion. /pedantidance
  • Warrior
    Warrior
    DK
    DK
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Priest
    Paladin
    Shaman
    Shaman

I suppose I'm running flags Monday. I don't particularly like keeping myself off of the O team, but it seems the best option for now.
  • Eek, for some reason I thought we had the frost mage that was deemed as mandatory as the rogue =(
  • It's probably mandatory if you're 3300 rated. Interesting read, that guide.
    Would be nice to see some more rangedness in there though, that's for sure.

• There is a distinct lack of mixture ... we're like a southern family, a few too many like each other =P

Definitely tears it; one way or the other MK and Mal are out of consideration /sigh
    Post edited by Maloch at 2011-08-20 20:20:07
  • It would be pretty badass to have a more varied range of classes, but we're gonna make the best with what we have. Wraith has offered to xfer over his hunter for us, so that will help a bit.
  • I also suppose I could level Valisai feral for flag running . . .
  • Looking at the data it looks like Mal is back in. Feral's actually not that good at flag running, or rather it's not good at surviving until the cap. Trying to gear Mal up now as FC.
  • I had this (interesting if inconclusive) conversation with MK, but don't we already have a pile of warriors one of whom could step in to be an FC? Let's assume Mal gears and trains up to be world's greatest FC - we'd still be sorely short CC (which his rogue can provide) and ranged (which we just have close to bupkis of, right now) and we'd have an even bigger pile of warriors.
  • According to the very guide I linked the author regularly runs with three warriors in their team, so that's not too bad. When Wraith brings in his hunter things will be a bit more spaced. Funny thing is, I've got a frost mage within striking distance of 85 ... you know, the other most needed class we're lacking lol.

What it comes down to is that Leon is a raid tank, and only has one spec/gear set for pvping. Val can't really lead and call targets when hiding on the flag cap point, and we need him out there (Leon is also an excellent murdernmachine). Whoever becomes the flag runner has to dedicate not only his spec but also his gear set to it; that actually entails a hell of a lot more than a respec each week. Prot FCs need to reforge everything to mastery, and can even ignore the 5% hit down to 2% or so. An arms warrior commits suicide by wearing the same gear (the arms mastery is legendarily bad). A Prot FC regems to a combo of resilience first followed by strength; also not great for an arms warrior. So we're talking an entirely different gear set between the two roles, and I'm not eve sure you can HAVE two of the same tier set pieces in your bag.

Enter me. My DK, while I'm really good on him, is sub-par for FC (that's of course counteracted by the non-flag maps being able to transition easily to frost 2H though). We were already talking last night about how I missed two caps because I didn't have spell reflect/heroic leap last week. I've also played a warrior tank since the beginning of time, to the point where I still slip up on MK and look for my disarm button =P I've also specifically pvp'd as prot before it was 'cool' lol. DKs seem survivable, but a warrior's mitigation is always 'on' and they don't suffer as much from being kited (a smart team kites a DK flag carrier, and I have been ... prevents Death Strikes).

I don't really have much choice. We've got currently three DKs, and in the winning scheme it's better to have three warriors with one as the FC rather than three DKs. Even after Wraith brings in his hunter one DK is enough. Now I could play Gearteeth or Nunatak (my frost mage) or even level my druid Primal, or xfer my own hunter who I've pvped with extensively. But what it comes down to is that we need a FC, and hands down the warrior is the best. There's no high-rated teams with a non-warrior FC. That's just how it is. So either I gear up and run Mal (he's already decently geared) or we hard-force Leon into a once a week spec and reforge where he can't arena or we take our BG leader, a man who has gotten the super-gladiator title on his warrior, and confine him to a blindspot where he's literally leading the BG without firsthand intel.

I think our chances are a lot better if I bite the bullet and swap MK for Mal. And while my rogue is needed, a warrior flag carrier is even more critical.
  • Our setup is far from ideal, but that's all we have to work with really. Wraith is unable to bring his hunter over, so we will be having 2/3 DKs again. It's fine, we'll make it work.

Mal, if you run your war tank, that's fine. If you decide another way, I'll run the flag on Valisa.
  • We need Mal, I'll run Mal. Besides, I finally get to be pvprot after all these years of being it when it made no sense lol.
  • Okay, after playing some with Mal, yeah ... likely going to stay on MK lol. Val said he'd run it :)
  • Alright, colour me convinced. WTB, 419871334 frost mages!
  • All right, Maloch it is after a long talk with Val. I'll do my best to get him better geared before Monday (he's in a lot of 358-371 gear, not like he's wearing greens lol) but chances are this Monday he will be slightly more 'squishy' than next.

All I can say is: Bless Alterac Valley weekend next weekend =D
  • Are you all psyched? I'm pretty psyched. Also, for each game we lose I'm doing two shots. You don't want drunk me giving orders in vent. Lets get some wins!
  • After the experiment today I'm not so sure about my abilities as a warrior anymore. I stand ready to rock with either Mal or MK as we see fit though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved