Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Lazy Saturday REMIX~! This Saturday @ 12PM Server

Hit that link, son!

Saturday, August 13 at 12:00 PM Server/CST

Announcing the triumphant (?) return of Lazy Saturday raiding. I know we just tried recently to do it up on Saturdays, but there's no harm in trying again.

However, this year's Lazy Saturday has a little bit different goal. Rather than running a "proper" raid, we are going to run Baradin Hold, and clear out Firelands trash.

Now, I know a lot of people have already done this by Saturday. However, many of us are still getting to that point. In addition, people have many alts, all of which are welcome.

The point of Lazy Saturday is to provide a fun and casual, pressure-free environment. This iteration has the added goal of being an "entry-level" raid for people to gear up and get their feet wet. HOWEVER, you are welcome to come even if you are an experienced raider with 1337 gear. We will attempt to rotate sign ups each week so that as many people can get in as possible!

So who should come to Lazy Saturday?

- If dying or limited progress bothers you to a great extent, like you lose sleep over it? Please don't sign up.
    - If you don't have patience for new people or people with limited gear? Please don't sign up.
    - If you are prone to DRAMA~? There's the door.

But who SHOULD sign up? Anyone who likes to progress at a casual yet (hopefully) steady pace, who enjoys just being with friends (or maybe getting to know some guildies you're not real familiar with!) and chatting. That's the only prerequisite and I believe everyone in We Know fits that bill. So sign up!

If you've run with me before you know I don't check gear or consumables, but please use common courtesy. One thing I would like is if people could get Ventrilo and a working mic, because I think it makes things more fun! It does also make things easier with regards to communication. Vent is free to download and easy to set-up, but if for whatever reason you cannot get Vent, you are still welcome to sign up.

Sign-up and loot rules are detailed at the above link. Please ask here or find me in-game if you have any questions.

Looking forward to seeing you there!
    Post edited by Hoff at 2011-08-09 15:44:06
    a/k/a Victarious
  • That link leads nowhere.

Edit: That's a lie! Apparently, phpraider had logged me out.
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-08-01 02:42:13
  • Did you hit it? Or did you just "click" it like a normal person.

It should be fixed now, let me know if it is not. Thanks Hronk.
    a/k/a Victarious
  • One bit of totally unsolicited advice: Consider hitting BoT or BWD or Throne instead. FL trash becomes extremely dreary very very quickly and the BoE drop rate is significantly lower than it was at patch launch. BH is an uncertain business, the easy boss has no loot of any interest to anyone and the new boss does have a fairly unforgiving mechanic and is a bit of a gear check. It's probably much more rewarding and easy to just go off a Magmaw or somesuch.
  • hronk said:

Edit: That's a lie! Apparently, phpraider had logged me out.

What's strange is it didn't work for me either. But I re-posted and apparently it's good to go. Whether or not I screwed up the initial post is of little concern to me, as long as people can see it now.
    a/k/a Victarious
  • hronk said:

One bit of totally unsolicited advice: Consider hitting BoT or BWD or Throne instead. FL trash becomes extremely dreary very very quickly and the BoE drop rate is significantly lower than it was at patch launch. BH is an uncertain business, the easy boss has no loot of any interest to anyone and the new boss does have a fairly unforgiving mechanic and is a bit of a gear check. It's probably much more rewarding and easy to just go off a Magmaw or somesuch.

I appreciate the advice and certainly will consider it. Moreover, I would love to hear opinions from people as they sign up. The locale is less important than the activity. However, assume BH/FL for now. If that changes both the thread and the sign up will be updated.

Another possibility is switching plans from week to week to possibly accommodate people like me who desire trash runs and people looking for a more conventional raid. If we get strong opinions from both sides that may be preferrable. That all hangs on getting ten people in the first place, so sign up!
    a/k/a Victarious
  • Hoff said:

people like me who desire trash runs

It only takes a couple of brief runs-resets for such people to either reach the rep they want or come to their senses or both. The runs are also highly puggable and guild-impromptuable (both happen a great deal). I think it's unlikely you can really run a sustainable guild activity centered on trash runs. It's just a too easily-obtainable-elsewhere and poopy an experience. As Slater puts it in 'Dazed and Confused' - "I mean one hour of drums, you couldn't handle that shit on strong acid, man."

That said, if you decide to collectively hurt yourselves (so you can feel!) in this manner, I'll be happy to bring in a toon if you're short.

• Again, I appreciate the advice, but I think it's worth trying. Not everyone is comfortable pugging, and not everyone wants a conventional raid. The idea that ten people would get together, down some trash, chat for a bit, and then enjoy the rest of their Saturday -- that's the experience being sold here. That certainly can be thrown together on the fly, but there's little to no harm in scheduling it. As for being..."poopy," when I say the experience is the important part of this equation, I'm not talking about boss fights. This is a social guild, and even last year when we ran Icecrown, the main focus was on the social aspect.

As stated above, if the sentiment is overwhelmingly "this is a bad idea," we can look at changing. But while I appreciate your advice, Hronk, I think it's a fine idea to at least give a go.
    a/k/a Victarious
  • Curse you Hoff!! You are taunting me with awesome Saturday laziness that I can't enjoy until October. If by some miracle I can do the 13th I'll sign up. Otherwise, Godspeed and I hope to join in October!
  • Hoff said:

Again, I appreciate the advice, but I think it's worth trying.

"STFU, naysayer!" FTFY

As to the 'poopy experience', I meant the experience of repeatedly doing the same trash. I bet you 3 mongolian tugriks that after 2.5 resets, when a few toons hit friendly there will be a sudden drop of participation, urgent calls to attend a cocktail party at the Albanian Consulate, that sort of thing. At honoured you'll probably be dealing with sudden storms, inexplicable net problems and unexpected visits from the in-laws.

Anyway, I'll try to be around.
  • Well, that's okay too. This doesn't need to be a regular thing. In fact, the atmosphere and the nature of the content don't lend themselves to a sense of permanence. But, it's entirely plausible that people want to bring alt 1, then alt 2, and on down the line. I'm not saying that WILL happen. I know for me, I rarely see guild calls for BH or FL trash; that is not to say they don't happen, I know they do, but my schedule excludes me from much of it. All that is just to say that there are many different scenarios out there and maybe people will enjoy something different. And maybe not :)
    a/k/a Victarious
  • I just looked up "FTFY." How dare you, sir. That's borderline besmirchment! Kidding. I do like hearing the opposing view, but I do think the concept COULD have legs and as RL it is my job to stay positive!
    a/k/a Victarious
  • hronk said:

At honoured you'll probably be dealing with sudden storms, inexplicable net problems and unexpected visits from the in-laws.

Well, I have an *expected* visit from the inlaws that weekend, but if it looks like they won't be over until after the raid is over then I'll definitely drop in. However, family takes priority so I won't be signing up unless I'm sure.

And having not had the chance to play in FL at all, I'll gladly wipe on trash kill trash for rep with you if I can make it.

Edit: grammar FTL.
    Post edited by Bouks at 2011-08-01 20:10:49
  • - Weekend Update -

So, due to some real life stuff coming up and my general disdain for PvE these days, I'm going to run this as just a one-off rather than a regular thing. So, if you were reticent to commit to a weekly Saturday raid, please sign up!

Right now we are at two heals (should be good but I would take a third) and two DPS. So there are spots open!

For those who have signed up: we'll plan on running no matter what. If we need to pug, we will do that, unless the group would prefer not to (we can discuss it on the day of).

Still looking at a FL trash run and a stop in BH, which makes even more sense as a one-off.

So anyway...sign up!
    a/k/a Victarious
  • 12 am server is lazy? That's when I usually wake up for work! (By which I mean, I intend to be asleep at this time but if I'm not, I'm in on swirly.)
    If you want to stop being called on your bad behavior, stop behaving badly.
  • 12 PM, noon. Hopefully you can join us!
    a/k/a Victarious
  • If MK isn't saved I'll tank your BH; if he is I'll bring Gearteeth to DPS. I won't do firelands trash even if you hang a porkchop around its neck =P
    The chintacle can sense fear.
  • Yeah, I messed up am/pm. I blame lack of caffeine. That's 10am Pacific. ;)
    If you want to stop being called on your bad behavior, stop behaving badly.
  • Thanks guys! No worries if you end up not making it (that goes for anyone). Stuff happens and I'd rather people having fun than being there against their will/half asleep. But if you're around Swirls, it would be awesome to have you, and you as well Mal, and I appreciate the tentative offer to tank. No worries if you get saved, we will figure it out. I mean, I know you're not WORRIED, I'm just saying.
    a/k/a Victarious
  • He's not worried, but you should be Hoff...very worried...
  • uh-oh
    a/k/a Victarious
  • I'm coming for you Hoff. Tremble in fear at my mighty awesomeness!!! (on another note, I may still be half asleep...fun times) TREMBLE!!
  • Thank you to everyone who came today! I had a great time and I hope you did too. We did very well for ourselves. 2-shot both BH bosses, which is very impressive to get Occular down in two tries, and did great on the trash run.

Special thanks to Shiv for switching toons and roles as needed. It was a big help in even being able to complete the content. I was also pleased by how many people stayed around for the trash run since I know it's old hat for many.

As stated above I have some real life stuff (nothing bad, just other gaming and social commitments) that has come up, and I'm not really doing much PvE these days, but since the general vibe seemed high I might do another BH/FL run in a month or two.

Thanks again y'all!
    a/k/a Victarious
  • It was a lot of fun - and it helped me pick up another piece of T12 for little miss Kat - :o)

looking forward to the next run!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved