Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Operation Salvage - How to sign up
  • I've had a few questions about this - the reader's digest summary -

This means you'll be online at 15 to and ready to pull on the hour. If something gets in the way of that, please post on forums or SMS me.

Sign up as standby - you'll be online at 15 to but you aren't guaranteed a spot. I'll try to let you know as soon as possible what the roster looks like and whether we can fit you in.

Not-sure-if-I-can-make it - this typically translates to 'don't sign up'. If it turns out you are available, log on and whisper me in game, if there are spots open, I'll let you know as soon as I can.

I-can-make-it-on-one-day-but-not-the-other - perfectly fine. While we'll give scheduling preference to people who can show up on both nights, just sign up for the one night and we'll try to make it work.

I'd-like-to-come-in-but-I'm-on-an-alt - generally, I've tried to bring in at least one experienced player on an alt in our more progressiony/learning fights. It's been a tremendous help - if you want to bring an alt either as a standby or in a regular role, let me know. I'd be remiss not to thank Sandrika and Rakka for coming in to help run the strategy. And so we can mock their alt-dps.

What happens in those 15 minutes before we start -

At 15 to we look for and invite all signups.
    At 10 to, anyone on standby is asked to get ready to step in.
    At 5 to, standbys, if any, are invited. Once in raid, they will not be replaced or asked to leave.
    On the hour, we pull.

We do have a fair amount of wiggle room to accomodate real-life emergencies, mishaps or simple 'I plum forgot it was on this day'. If that happens to you, let me or anyone else in the raid know as soon as you can. It's not the end of the world if you can't - it just helps some!

Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-25 03:39:41
  • A great example of clear communication. Unpleasant surprises can be kept to a minimum that way. I especially like the ability to mock the slt dps of rakka and sandi. Now one question is, do we still let sandi die if he's on an alt?
  • Sheleg said:

Now one question is, do we still let sandi die if he's on an alt?

Some rules are best left unspoken.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved