Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Happy Sunshine Unicorns Raid
  • The Happy Sunshine Unicorns Raid is a 10 man raid with a focus on progression. This thread will be our home on the forums. Please consider this thread as a place to post logs, strats, videos, schedule conflicts, helpful pointers, questions and the like. Please do your best to keep conversation on topic and to the point. I'm not trying to squelch communication, rather I want to make sure that the thread remains an easy way for raid members to find and share the information they need without wading through pages of off-topic conversation. If there are any question, comments or concerns which may require detailed and extended posts please consider moving them to private whispers.

I will make every attempt to post all raid sign ups at least one week in advance. If you know you will not be present for a particular week please sign up as unavailable in the raid calendar and notify us here. In even of an emergency please do your best to send me an update either on the forums, in game or via text.

Welcome aboard and happy hunting!

Anzhelus/Bellgarath
    Post edited by Belgera at 2011-07-31 13:59:45
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • Logs for Fri, June 17th: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ryivzchcs6zwzvez/

Good first week. BWD and BoT clear. We'll start again with BWD on Wed next week. See you then.
  • ok that pic is epic
  • That really is awesome. lol
  • Wow perfect match to our raid name!!

^.~)
    Sofina (hunter) | Antaras (rogue) | Sarshia (druid) | Mefius (death knight)
  • BWA HA HA HA - Totally made me laugh out loud.

*EDIT* WTB T-Shirt.
    Post edited by Harpin at 2011-06-18 14:44:17
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • I nearly woke up the ENTIRE house laughing at that Picture....In fact...Im still having a hard time staying quiet...and it may or maynot be my profile picture on Facebook...
  • Yeah I WTB the T-Shirt too.
  • Just an FYI to all you Happy Unicorns that we're going to be looking pretty closely at the logs in an attempt to help everyone improve tanking/healing/DPS. I highly encourage all of you to do the same. I would recommend using tools like SimulationCraft, Rawr, Mr. Robot, or other class specific sims to help guide you in improving your gearing, gems, enchants, reforging, spec and rotations. Small increases in any of these areas will often amount to large overall increases in our performance.

This next week in BWD/BoT/TOT4W is a great time to make changes and tune up your character before we get into Firelands. If you have questions about what you might be able to do, or would like assistance in using the logs and SimulationCraft to help improve please see me.

Each one of us has a responsibility to try and fine tune our character. We're going to need to squeeze everything we can out of ourselves in order to see Firelands hard modes. I'll likely be talking to each of you at some point to offer some feedback on what I'm seeing and, in return, get feedback from you on how you feel the group could improve.

Bell
  • Just to butt in briefly - My (albeit limited) impression of Mr. Robot is that it's a great place to start but if you're at the fine-tuning stage, you probably want to take some of its advice with a somewhat critical eye and a deep inhaling of EJ.
  • I know when 4.2 drops I'll have to do some rethinking. They are changing up mana totem (400% to 200% regen, sad for us all!) and the way mana regens from water shield etc. So I won't be able to reconfigure much until after the patch drops.

Look forward to discussing, always looking for ways to get better at what I'm doing!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Jexii said:

They are changing up mana totem (400% to 200% regen, sad for us all!) and the way mana regens from water shield etc.

But we get crit-based regen, a jump in crit bonus value (for all healers) and maybe even the t11 2-piece bonus becomes actually useful. Those mana-addicted priests will just have to go into rehab!

• This Wednesday's cauldron will be provided for you by:
    Leon: Titanic Strength
    Sandi: Steelskin
    Waffle: Draconic Mind
    Sofina: Four Winds
    Harpin: Deathblood Venom
  • Ahh about simulating gems, enchants, reforge etc. I'm very sure that all of us are regularly utilizing such tools from the very very early stage and constantly trying to bring the best we can to the raid.
    Was there anything that you saw that made you doubt about these things?

^.~)
    Sofina (hunter) | Antaras (rogue) | Sarshia (druid) | Mefius (death knight)
  • I love the name :)

Miss you guys ;)
  • Miss you too! *hugs*
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • I haven't done much with Harpin lately, so she definitely needs a tune up. I'm happy to go over her with you and will gladly take recommendations. Things will definitely change with the patch and the whole healing crit increase, so it may take me a while to figure out what works best after the patch drops.
  • Sofina said:

Ahh about simulating gems, enchants, reforge etc. I'm very sure that all of us are regularly utilizing such tools from the very very early stage and constantly trying to bring the best we can to the raid.
    Was there anything that you saw that made you doubt about these things?

^.~)

Good point Sofi. I didn't mean to imply that people aren't trying their best. All I mean was that I feel there is more we can do. There is always something to learn or tweak about your gear, your rotation or your spec. In my opinion it can be easy to get to a place where you don't really feel like you can do more and sometimes it can take another set of eyes to help you see where you may be missing something.

In truth, I hope we aren't. It would be nice to find out that we're all at the top of our game. However, I think we should always be prepared to learn. There are many times I didn't see where I could improve or notice a flaw in my play until someone else pointed it out. The short version is that I'm trying to create an environment where we are all prepared to look at our performance objectively, accept criticism and get better.
  • I know there is probably a few adjustments I can make to squeak out some more DPS and will be figuring out what spec is best for what fights again in Firelands. I have gotten a bit lazy with just running Destro for everything so best if I rework old specs (Afflic and Demo) and have something in place.

Time to do some MATHS!
  • Actually Waffle, if you can keep the Destro spec and work on that it would be ideal. You are currently providing replenishment for the group. However, if Afflic or Demo are going to provide much higher damage then we can consider reworking the group setup.

It is possible that one of our hunters could provide it if Survival is worthwhile. Otherwise, I could potentially go Ret and have Leon tank. I want to make sure we're getting a good spread of buffs and mana regen.
    Post edited by Belgera at 2011-06-20 17:01:08
  • Hunters no longer give replenishment.
  • that is sooo weird I think. they are the second class to get it, then it is taken away. Weird!
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • No longer a mana based class so it wouldn't make sense to have a group buff that doesn't do anything at all for you in solo or group.
  • Druids give replenishment now if they take that talent. Every little move a druid makes gives you more of whatever you need.
  • Waits...
  • Sheleg said:

Druids give replenishment now if they take that talent. Every little move a druid makes gives you more of whatever you need.

We has a feral druid. He has no manas.
  • i hazs no manas!?!?! =( ahhhh
    Post edited by Sandrika at 2011-06-20 22:14:13
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • You just have to know where to look.
  • -- Re-posting this since it's now halfway up the page --

This Wednesday's cauldron will be provided for you by:
  • ^--- is excited!
    Post edited by Sandrika at 2011-06-22 14:43:36
  • Woots!
  • Sandrika said:

^--- is excited!

Pretty much how I've always imagined Sandrika getting ready to raid.
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-22 15:39:34
  • 0.o

oh my...
    Post edited by Sandrika at 2011-06-22 17:01:05
  • Logs from Wednesday's run: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t1wdl8570p3ha3si/

Sorry for the delay, been busy.
  • Bellaluna said:

-- Re-posting this since it's now halfway up the page --

This Wednesday's cauldron will be provided for you by:

Who is up for tonight? Just want to be sure if it is me to be ready :-)
  • After doing some heavy re-tuning last night I found a couple of things to substantially increase DPS. It seems I was pulling some old habits from WOTLK (such as not having Corruption rolling all the time as it used to be only useful as a "while your running around" spell). At the end of 2 hours it appears I was getting about 3k more now on a Test Dummy and will continue to crunch numbers with Mr Robot, Simcraft and RAWR.
    Post edited by Wafflefry at 2011-06-25 13:11:12
  • Nice waffle thats way haaaawt!
  • i dropped my tank spec for a SMF spec for fights that dont require a lot of target switching should make mine go up as well =)
  • rakka said:

Nice waffle thats way haaaawt!

Yeah I was way over-caffeinated as I didn't realize we were going to slam Nef and Al'Akir so fast. I had been doing some research over the past week and then talking with you and Bel got me to focus, sit down, and actually put the screws to Waffle. :-)
  • ooohhh exciting Waffle!

I was just getting ready to change a bunch of gems on Harp since I'm feeling pretty cozy with mana, but I think I'll wait until the patch drops. While I would love the extra Int, I'm not sure what our mana reserves will be like, especially while we're learning new fights. I am going to take another look at my talent points and see if there's anything I can do there to tighten things up. If it turns out mana is a serious issue, especially since Jex will cutting me off her mana candy *cry*, I can spec in a talent that will reduce the cooldown on my shadowfiend.
  • yeah keep in mind that all the mana regen abilities are getting nerfed next patch. i know mana tide is getting cut in half. innervate is just a flat 5% mana gain now.
  • I moved all reforging on Anzh over to mastery/parry/dodge. I have exactly 1% hit at the moment, but I have 83% combat table coverage. If threat is an issue I can easily reforge a bit of dodge to hit, but we'll see how it goes.
  • I know for the bear, expertise is going to weigh more than hit for threat. not sure about pallies.
  • For Firelands I think we'll be starting with Shannox and then working toward Beth'tilac and Alysrazor. Please watch the videos I linked, which I think are very decent. The Shannox vid is for 25 man, but the strat is the same. You can also get fine written overviews of boss strats at www.ready4raiding.com.

Finally, if you haven't looked into your upgrades you can see all the loot tables here.
    Post edited by Belgera at 2011-06-25 17:29:45
  • Sandrika said:

I know for the bear, expertise is going to weigh more than hit for threat. not sure about pallies.

From what I've read it's similar. Exp>hit but both are far less important than mitigation. The only issue will be the slower holy power generation from missing. As long as that doesn't cause a huge threat issue we'll be fine. Otherwise I'll need a few extra % of hit. My expertise is taken care of through glyphs.
    Post edited by Belgera at 2011-06-25 17:31:32
  • so ive been going over sims. gear optimizers and everything else today. with my current gear set up Arms is going to be giving me the most dps on both stationary and mobile fights. im gonna set up some new power auras for myself later and see if i can get this stupid battle trance to show up i think i miss a few of those which will help.

P.S. Blizz stop putting haste on plate!
    Post edited by Leonharrt at 2011-06-26 00:07:34
  • As a DK, I request that they don't stop putting haste on plate. Rather, do it more! In ludicrous volumes we can om nom nom all day long.

There definitely is a lot of haste on current gear, though, I will agree there.

Post edited by Hoff at 2011-06-26 05:17:03
    a/k/a Victarious
  • I will confess that the DK haste makes getting in GCD sync when swapping between DK and Warrior a bit of a timing reset.

On the Battle Trance - it is an easy set up - the buff is called Battle Trance. I threw in an audio cue for me (in addition to the graphical one). YMMV.
  • In an attempt to keep the raid thread as on-topic as possible I'm going to ask that we have the DK haste discussion in another thread. ;)

Thanks,
    Bel.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved