Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
DKs help your healers before 4.2
  • This is important for healers, since we DKs offered relief to healers by way of our amazing glyphed Death Strike, which healed ourselves anywhere from 15-20K per strike. As of 4.2, that's being nerfed HARD. In fact, out of the six DK nerfs, four are PVP nerfs, which will adversely affect our PVP performance and the strain we put on heals.

So.

Two way street, maybe we can run regular randoms or non-troll Heroics to practice but: DKs remove Death Strike from our rotation to essentially get used to not having it; healers get a feel for that much more healing they suddenly have to do come 6/28.

Sound good?
    Post edited by spinnaker at 2011-06-17 13:58:41
  • Good idea Spin. I know the more I heal in Cata the more I want to go cry in a corner about how much I suck. But I hear it gets better... so I'll just have to hang in there and hope.
  • It has been brought up that it's not DPS responsibility to heal, and I agree, however it's not always about DPS (esp with so much dancing and the size of the dance floor). I think it's part of playing smart and being acutely aware of what's fighting along side me, in addition to what I'm stabbing in front of me.
  • Oh, healers must have hated my DK since I never have glyphed Death Strike
    in my rotation. I use it only in emergency and for those hugely healing
    intensive fight like Chimaeron.

^.~)
    Sofina (hunter) | Antaras (rogue) | Sarshia (druid) | Mefius (death knight)
  • As I told Spin when we were discussing this in guild chat, the term 'Death Strike' appears precisely once in the entire EJ Guide to frost dk pve dps. The context is the Chimaeron encounter. Outside highly specific situations like that - I think the reasonable expectation for dps is to have their casts, swings, strikes and gcd's go to damage. Maximum dps shortens encounters and that tends to help healers and the group in general more than anything else.
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-17 21:06:12
  • The shorter version: some dks backup healers, some healers may have gotten used to that. That's changing. Be prepared. The end.
  • spinnaker said:

some dks backup healers, some healers may have gotten used to that.

I think my argument is that this is not (for a non-tanking dk) 'backing up healers' and closer to 'doing it wrong' (in pve) and if any healers have somehow got used to it, they were doing it wrong as well.

That said, I do think PvP is a great place to learn all the nooks and crannies of a given class and that good PvP players usually make great PvE'ers - especially in tricky situations that require adaptability and quick and lateral thinking. I remember being tremendously amused to see Val heal some obviously 'unrecoverable' cock-ups in heroics on his druid in BC.

Group PvE play, while more predictable, has a strong element of trusting your team-mates to do their assigned job. If you spend a lot of time trying to 'help' them, you end up running into difficulties adequately covering your own responsibilities (i.e. killing everything).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved