Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
List of Raids
  • This can be edited and stickied if we do it right.

List of raids/raid teams/statuses. Spelled out, clearly such as:

Name of Raid Team - Type - Status - Frequency - Contact

1. Happy Sunshine Unicorns - Progression - Fixed Roster- Wed/Fri Weekly - Bellaluna/Anzhelus
    2. Nightshift - Progression - Open Roster - Wed/Thurs Weekly - Arzozah (starting July)
    3. Saturday Raid - New Progression/Casual - Open Roster - Sat Weekly - Doljon
    4. Agony of Victory - Impromptu/Learning/Casual/Revolving - Variable/Open Roster - Floating - Spin (starting soon)
    5. Salvage - Progression - Fixed Roster - Tues/Thurs Weekly - Hronk
    6. MeMeMe - Progression - Fixed Roster - Thurs/Sun - Jasminie
    7. Sassy Cats - Old Content/Achieves/Learning - Open Roster (25) - Monday Weekly - Jexii
    Post edited by spinnaker at 2011-06-19 16:38:51
  • Happy Sunshine Unicorns - Progression - Closed - Weekly on Wed/Fri - Bellaluna/Anzhelus
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • Sunshine Unicorns! This totally calls for moar terrible 80s europop.

• Nightshift - Progression - Open - Weekly Wed/Thurs - Arzozah

Starting in July!
  • Saturday Raid (temporary name) - New Progression/Casual - Open - Weekly Saturday - Doljon

Note: at the moment this raid is still very much up in the air whether or not it's going to happen or be a regular thing, but I'm going to try to get it up and running.
  • Arzozah said:

Nightshift...Starting in July!

\o/
  • I'm not sure how exactly to fit Salvage in these categories. It runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 7:45 and 10 pm server.

Sometimes, there's a raid, well, it's the raid for its time and place. It fits right in there. And that's Salvage, in We Know. And even if it's a lazy raid - and Salvage is most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Eitrigg, which would place it high in the runnin' for laziest Wow-wide. But sometimes there's a raid, sometimes, there's a raid. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced us enough.
  • What type of raid and is it open or closed?
  • Well, I think the hope is that we do something a little bit in-between. I'd like to see us develop a solid core group and in that sense it is not strictly 'open'. On the other hand, that's been the case for just about all raids labeled as such. And I think we're adopting a number of the traits of fixed-roster progression raids in terms of time management and focus on high individual and group performance and improvement. I don't know what to call that. Progressiony?

I think its main merit is that it is, in fact, running, on the calendar and tends to have available spots. I'm a little perplexed by the fact the list includes 3 not-yet-running raids that seem to focus on providing opportunities for players with 'non-prime-time' schedules to raid. It's a laudable effort but perhaps you lot should get together and coordinate? We're barely starting to run 3 10-person raid in our semblance of 'regular hours'. The likelyhood we're going to form another 3 outside that seem to be about -3.
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-17 20:55:16
  • hronk said:

The chances we're going to form another 3 outside that seem to be about -3.

But that doesn't mean we can't try. :)
  • I think you should, by all means, but it behooves you to make the trying as potentially effective as possible. Hell, I'm still looking for a raiding home for Hronk - I'd love to see Nightshift up and running, as an inveterate night-owl.
  • I'm generally running under the assumption that progression = closed (for mechanical reasons). It's not up to me, but would probably be a good idea to have tiers of raids, so like Unicorns I, Unicorns II, Unicorns III, in the event there are new progressions that take new members. I don't know. I'll label it uh, Request or something.

Also, those three new raids do not seem to share the same characteristics or time or focus.
  • Nightshift is Midnight to 3am server. So completely different time slot than other raids.

Signup!
  • Anyone have specific deets for mememe and sassy?
  • mememe- progression- thurs/sun pending (waiting on confirmation of a dps)-jas
  • is it open, closed or requestable?
  • For the 25 man Sassy Cats Retro Raid. Its 25 people. We run any content that is not current. That could be 1 to many tiers behind. Generally focused on achievements. We're laid back, have fun above all else. And anyone and everyone is welcome. Even if you have no raiding experience, its a great place to get used to your add ons, see fights, ask questions etc. we run on Monday nights for 2 hours at 8pm server.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • durr...fail post
    Post edited by Belgera at 2011-06-18 00:47:14
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • spinnaker - i'm currently waiting for someone who posted on mememe thread wanting to join the group - so it's pending atm - but yes - we have one spot open.
  • Love having the list up top there. Just one suggestion - can we define Open/Closed/Request

• how about something more like "fixed roster (hronks phrase)," "Open roster"....not sure what request means
    Post edited by Sandrika at 2011-06-19 01:08:46
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • Yeah I like Fixed Roster better - I'm not sure what request means either.
    I'd probably define raids as:
    Fixed Roster: There is a set roster of players.
    Open Roster: Core team of players with open slots that people can sign up for week to week.
    Variable Roster: The roster varies from week to week.
  • Sandrika said:

how about something more like "fixed roster,"

THIEF!
  • Request seemed to fit when it wasn't open/open fixed/closed or whatever, like new & growing or something. Of bigger importance is defining the type of raid it is as a result of its content. I'm assuming that fixed isn't open for a progression raid because well, a single group is progressing.
  • You should probably change Nightshift to Progression/Casual. And if you go with Z's suggestion (whom I agree with) We'd be Open Roster. Thanks!

4 More Spots, Sign up!
  • sorry spinn for the confusion - thursday and sunday are the two days for sure. thanks for doing this for us btw. much appreciate!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved