Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Salvage Operation
  • Our Dear Leader, Galli and a few other Business Casual regulars are returning, with our gratitude for their contributions (traitors!) to the long-running and re-instated Sassy Cats raid, we also have several people who will not be available next (or next two, in some cases) week(s). Additionally, those thoughtless jerks our esteemed friends at Sassy have a raid time that overlaps with our Thursday one - we'll have to move it if we're to have any hope of continuing this raid twice a week. I've put in two raids for next week, Tuesday and a tentative Wednesday, the priority being on getting the Tuesday raid to happen. This is a (relatively) open enrollment raid, with piles of spots open, so please sign up here

http://weknow.to/raid/index.php?option=com_view&id=204

and here

http://weknow.to/raid/index.php?option=com_view&id=205

If you're in the long list of Sassy standbys, sign up for the raid with the MUCH LARGER ICON (as well as MUCH LARGER CHANCE of an available spot).
    Post edited by Sandrika at 2011-09-27 00:14:49
  • Well, so far Olnir, Hoff, and myself are the only folks interested in a Saturday raid so unless that changes drastically in the next few days the only way I'm going to be able to raid is to figure out how to make time during the week. So having said that... I am tentatively interested. What time would the raid end? I'm EST and anything past 12:00 AM is pushing up against my sleep time, which is most precious to me. I could do 9-11:30 fairly easily I think, and definitely could do 9-11 without much issue at all.
    Post edited by Doljon at 2011-06-10 09:37:02
  • The raids posted start at 8 server and run 2 hours. You'll have to calculate what that means in your crazy moon time.
  • OK that would be 9-11 "moon" time, which I guess is the same as EST time. It's good to know if I ever move to the moon I won't have to adjust my clocks.
  • Keep in mind this is specifically for next week (which also happens to be a relatively lousy one for availability) - I might try again the week after but if we can't manage to get it together people will drift off and look for other entertainment. So if you have the time and inclination, sign right up.
  • Signed up for Tuesday's run but Wednesday's a no go as I have to pick up Prudence/Gina from work at Base.
  • I've signed up for both nights on my healer, can bring mage instead if DPS turns out to be needed more.
  • I'm not going to sign up due to being on vacation, but if I happen to be online because everyone else crashed early and you need me to fill a spot feel free to grab me
  • If it would be helpful I can probably convince the other thoughtless jerks to move our Thursday night to Wednesday.
    But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.
  • I think we have a few people in this one who would find Thursday easier and non-overlap lets us, uh, farm an alt or two from you. So if you can swing it, that would be awesome. If not we'll figure something out (jerks!).
  • I'll put out the word and, being the insensitive ass that I am, put the screws to my minions to move to Wednesday.

You're missing a smiley there Bel.....

• Just checked. Nope, no missing smiley.
  • here i will put a few in.

=}
    =)
    =]
    ;-)
    :o)
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • good man Sandi! :-)

• Grats. You just ruined all the wonderful snarkyness Hronk and I had worked so hard to achieve.

No bother, we'll just start again.
  • So the thoughtless jerks (with hearts of gold, apparently!) the next raid over have moved their schedule around to try to help us maintain our time slots. I've moved the second raid back to Thursday, please sign up or just double check you're available/not available, etc. Also if you've signed up as a standby to several lockout-sharing raids, please make sure to check whether and where you are or are not approved. Right now signing up here more or less guarantees insta-approval.

• Bel is a jerk dont let him fool you
  • Bellaluna said:

Grats. You just ruined all the wonderful snarkyness Hronk and I had worked so hard to achieve.
    No bother, we'll just start again.

Hah! You're just saying that. I know underneath that gruff exterior you'd rather just start a Love Train.
  • We may be smiling in your face while in fact...

Edit: It occurred to me that both of these videos are full of some srsly sassy cats. Something to aspire to!
    Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-11 21:55:51
  • Oops, wrong thread. Deleted.
    Post edited by spinnaker at 2011-06-12 02:19:44
  • So for this XP I decided to stick to time cards and but being a master of organization, I forgot to watch for the expiration time which was apparently right about now. I probably won't have time to go get another till Monday or so. So if you are online and have the time, please help me conjure up some more people for Tuesday. Specifically, if you know or see Alondor, ask him if he can make it to tank. We also need a few more dps'ers. Look for perhaps Leonid and whoever else you can get your mitts on. Thanks!
  • Rofl - those videos are full of awesome.
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • I might be able to do something, but Im not sure about BOTH nights.
  • Well, let's start with Tuesday and see what happens - if you have the time, Tuesday is probably better.
  • kk sounds good.
  • Excellent. Now bring me the head of Alondor!
  • So Operation Salvage continues apace, we're just short one DPS'er for Tuesday. Start twisting the arms of everyone you know. Show no mercy. I know I won't.
  • I moved myself to not available because there seems to be enough interest to try to get a Saturday raid started and I'm posting one for this Saturday to see if it can happen. Of course now that I have done this, people will end up having plans already Saturday and I won't be able to raid at all this week, but that's my punishment for being a turd!
  • I'll try to replace you, Doljon, but telling me the day before that you're bailing out for a potential raid for which you have a total of five people expressing interest after you've committed to this one shows a somewhat surprising obliviousness to the work involved in organizing a raid. Please don't pull this in the future.
  • I'm sorry Hronk. I thought my first post about being tentatively interested and the ongoing thread about my interest in getting a Saturday run going was enough to show that I might be available but might not. Don't worry, I won't be signing up for any more raids. If I can't get a Saturday raid going I'm pretty much done with attempting to raid ever again.
  • Doljon, just as a point of Basic Raid Etiquette™ - when you are approved for a raid, you are committing not to the RL but to 9 other people in general to attend the raid. If you want to remain 'tentative' then put a note when you sign up that you'd like to be kept on standby. This is, again, simply common courtesy to your fellow players who are arranging their real and game lives to do something together. These are structured events and they're highly dependent on everyone's, well, 'structured' behaviour. I don't want you to give up on raiding but I do want you to understand that it's not like saying you might swing by at a pal's party.

Best of luck for Saturday.
  • Oh and I feel the appropriate video for this is

Just replace 'dance' with 'raid'!
  • Bwahahaha
  • Again, I'm sorry. I am aware of proper raid etiquette. This is a case of failing/forgetting to put a note in the signup that I was signing up for standby. Chock it up to stupidity, obliviousness, plain old forgetfulness, or willful disregard for my fellow guild mates or all of the above if you choose. Raid etiquette is exactly why I never sign up for raids because I never know if/when I'll be available during the week.
  • Woah...flashbacks to high school.
  • Hronk - I think Dolj has the idea - let him be. :p~
  • Well, he should have known better than to cheat a friend
    and waste the chance that he'd been given
    now he's never gonna raid again the way.. Oh nvm...

There is one thing, the way current sign-ups are, you (Ariannrhajhdfk) may end up with both of your toons locked out for Saturday - just a heads up. I am, though, scrambling about and working to hopefully avoid this.
  • well, I'm planning on dps'ing on miss Aria both days - Saturday I plan on healing with Kat. :o)
  • Right, except your note says you're able to heal on Kat so I've put you down as a healer on one day. Because we're tremendously constrained this week, it is conceivable that you end up locked to the instance with both toons. If you absolutely positively do not want that to happen, please change note, let me know here and that will change what what slots we're trying to fill. We are running out of time, though, and are starting to run the risk that in attempting to organize one barely-alive raid along with an extra largely-not-yet organized one we end up with neither.
  • keep me on board with Aria - I may let you slap my hands later for the mistake. :p~

• Looks like we're set to go for tomorrow - thanks everyone for signing up and to all (I think, at this point, just about every raider in WK) for helping getting this organized. Basic raid facts:

BWD, first 2 to 4 bosses.
    I'll be bringing a cauldron so you don't need flasks but you'll need your own class- and role-specific consumables, if any.
    Running time is 2 hours.
    Invite time is quarter to 8 server time, you should aim to be online by then.
    Start time is 8 server time, we should aim to be buffed, in instance and ready to pull close to that time.
    We'll take a 5 or so minute break about an hour in. If possible, stock up on snacks and drinks for the duration, visit the bathroom, walk your dogs, etc before start time. Ideally we want to get about two uninterrupted just-under-an-hour periods killing things.
    As always, real life trumps game time - if you're unable to make it, need to leave early, have an exploding computer - try to drop a line on the forums at earliest opportunity. You can also text my Google Voice number at (415) 320-6162 if connectivity is a problem.
    The beatings will continue until everyone is having fun!

Look forward to seeing you all in raid!

Post edited by hronk at 2011-06-14 03:16:23
  • I'm excited!!!
  • Thanks everyone for coming, /wave Emo for stopping by as standby and reminding us who the coffee is for (at least, I think that was him).

3.85 bosses down is great for a first time and we did particularly well on pulling near start time and keeping pace (but we will be working on EVEN FASTER - RAMMING SPEED!).

We'll continue in the same instance on Thursday.
  • The raids are up for next week, please sign up if you're available.
  • Looking forward to tonight! Glad I could come and help with the fights!
    Sandrika, Crazan, Squeatus To often we post in anger, when waiting and thinking and letting that boiling pot settle would be sooo much better.
  • Wut? I just invited you so we can laugh at your dps between pulls!
  • =(
  • I probably shouldn't be telling you things, but there is a long standing tradition, going back through several raiding groups, of finding new and fun ways of getting Sandi killed. Things like pulling Sindragosa on top of Sandi's head. Or when he gets aggro, letting him keep it.

Have fun with that!
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • Wow Z that was fast! Nice job everyone that was fun tonight. Thank goodness we got Chimeron down, that fight takes so much concentration for a healer I'm always relieved when he's dead.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved