Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Help! I'm a huntard!
  • I'm wondering if some of the more experienced hunters can help me with a bug I'm struggling with. Some hunter shots (definitely Cobra Shot, though it's happened to me with other shots) will automatically target the nearest mob if your current target dies while the shot is casting. This is TERRIBLE. It's caused me to pull unintended groups of trash and to unintentionally break CC which, I'm sure you can guess, goes over just great in PuG's. It's also resulted in my pet pulling unintended trash when I was spamming a pet attack command and my target suddenly switched to a far away mob when my current target died. No use having my pet on passive if he's possibly going to attack random targets that I didn't pick! The only way around it I've found is to stop casting any shot with a cast time once the target is anywhere near death, but even then I worry because it's also happened with Auto Shot. It's driving me nuts. I've seen it mentioned in a thread at EJ, but no solution was offered. Has anybody else run into this and is there a way to deal with it that I'm missing?

Also, I tamed Karoma last night and was so excited I thought I was going to wet myself. Nothing to do with the issue at hand, but nobody else in my social circle plays WoW and none of the other WN regulars are hunters so this is the only opportunity I have to share my excitement with anyone who would care. :)
    Post edited by Lurzmog at 2011-02-28 21:02:32
    Spencer Cross AKA Lurzmog | Balkhmog | Gobhoblin
  • I was in a pug in DM the other night and the same thing was happening with a hunter in the group. He kept unintentionally pulling mobs. He even asked in chat "Why is jumping not canceling my shots anymore?" I'd definitely check the interface options and see if there's something that's been added that needs either to be checked or unchecked.

Grats on Karoma! Looked it up on WowHead, it's the spirit wolf. Hope you give him a good, imaginative name. :)
  • Lurzmog said:

Help! I'm a huntard!

/pity

;)
  • I'd definitely check the interface options and see if there's something that's been added that needs either to be checked or unchecked.

That's the worst part. There is a "Stop Auto Attack" checkbox in the interface options but it doesn't fix the problem. :(

Grats on Karoma! Looked it up on WowHead, it's the spirit wolf. Hope you give him a good, imaginative name. :) Thanks! Haven't come up with anything good so he's still "Spirit Beast" for the time being.
    Spencer Cross AKA Lurzmog | Balkhmog | Gobhoblin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved