Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Sassy Cats Retro - Old Raid Achievements
  • Several of us have had conversations about getting back in and finishing up achievements in old 10 and 25 man raids. I want to officially kick that off! What better way to do that than revive the Sassy Cats excitement and start a group to get on that task. However, anyone is welcome that is able to do what we're setting out to do, no former ties to Sassy Cats required.

I'd like to set up a somewhat regular time to get back in and finish up old raid achievements.

The things we will cover (probably in this order):
    ICC - 10 and 25 man based on interest - all achievements plus HEROIC LICH KING
    ToC - Achievements
    Uldular - 10 and 25 man Achievements
    Naxx - 10 and 25 man Achievements

For now I've started with Sunday night the 30th but with football just wrapping up I know that might be tough for some but let's see what we're working with. We'll have some nights where we'll need 10 and some where we'll need closer to 25, if there is always enough interest we can run two 10 man groups but I'm not sure how likely that is. This is also a good time to get some of the guild achievements too.

Post edited by Jexii at 2011-05-24 00:51:12

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Jen and I would be in
  • moi, of course
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • I'm interested in chasing after a Skeletal Drake.
  • Ooooh, what fun. I never did get to the end game in WoTLK and 25 mans are so fun socially. Thanks Jexxi!

Can someone remind me if there's an attunement process for ICC? I think I've cleared Naxx and was up to Pit of Sauron with the Quest chain on 5 mans -- if there's more to do I'll try to get it finished up before Sunday.
  • No attunement. Just the desire to kick some LK butt. Or wipe for a few hours on Heroic LK.
    I love gnomes.
  • I'm up for this as well
  • all I'm missing on Boylane is 10 man LK kill, would like to get that done.
  • Eh, What are the Sassy Cats?
  • spinnaker said:

Eh, What are the Sassy Cats?

Many many months ago I started a Friday night raid for folks that couldn't make it to the other raids, and to hang out with friends to partake in stimulating conversation about current events. When I decided to take a break from WoW, I handed over the reigns to Jexii, who promptly renamed it from "Lich Killers" to "Sassy Cats", and proceeded to lead them forward to many successful raids, demonstrating that really the only thing holding back the group was me, or possibly the dumb name I chose. Eventually, Clef talked them all into to wearing kitten outfits while playing and getting tattoos with their sassy code names. They now are in the process of taking over the world using a shadow organization cloaked in mystery and intrigue (and cat fur, cuz that shit gets on everything).

http://www.catsassycat.com/

• Oh that is hilarious, finally, a mission that we can live by. Reclaiming the right to cutesiness (not even sure how you spell that).

So most of what Emtu said above is true, except the part about EMTU being the only thing holding the group back because clearly that is NOT the case. All I did was post raids and get the right people there, and then of course convince the group we needed a new name and together we brainstormed the name sassy cats.

So now, since many of us are raiding with Sandi and Jas, I didn't just want Sassy Cattiness to die, so thought what better thing to do with it than work on achievements!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • And about the raid on Sunday, we're getting a great group so far! If we get a few more than I think we can try 25 man, hopefully get someone started on the quest there for the weapon and clear 25 man as far as we can.

I plan to post this ongoing (times may change to work for people) because my ultimate goal is to go back and revisit all old raid achievements. I figure while there is interest, let's get the 25 man stuff done in ICC.

Also, even though its old raid achievements, ICC wasn't that long ago. Make sure to come prepared, read up on the fights if you haven't been there, be hit capped, expertise capped, etc. as appropriate for your race/spec. The bosses there are still the kind that need that. And while we definitely have bigger health pools and things like infest on the lich king don't hurt nearly as bad, knowing the fight is still a must. The void zone spawns will still result in instant death if you stand in them.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • ROFL. I actually thought Emtu put that site up for us. That is, until I looked at the manifesto. :P
    There exist only three respectable beings: the priest, the warrior, the poet. To know, to kill, and to create. -Charles Baudelaire
  • We're starting to look pretty good for 25 man icc Sunday! But where is Clef or Jas?? Or who else am I missing?

I will start harassing people online that I think would be interested. I'm just accepting people for now and will figure out healing/tank/dps assignments as we know who else signs up as well as get in there and see how the fights are going at 85.

Oh and past involvement with Sassy Cats is NOT necessary. Anyone interested, geared appropriately and willing to read up on the ICC fights if you haven't been there before ahead of time and learn quickly are welcome to sign up!
    Post edited by Jexii at 2011-01-26 10:16:31

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Not sure about Sunday yet as it hasn't been determined what the weekend plans are. If there is still room come the weekend i'll be there. :)
  • Zoriana said:

Not sure about Sunday yet as it hasn't been determined what the weekend plans are. If there is still room come the weekend i'll be there. :)

Great, hope you can make it!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Is there any special key, flag, rep, item, that I need to enter the instance on either normal or heroic? Just want to make sure before I show up and get denied at the zone in.

Basley
  • You will need the Holy Pink Tutu of OMGWTHLEET from Emtu's Jeans.

On a serious note, no you don't need anything special.
    Post edited by Clef at 2011-01-26 11:20:47
    I love gnomes.
  • Good question Basley, nothing for attunement in ICC.

However, if you haven't been there please do spend a bit of time reading up basic strats. We will not be spending a lot of time explaining, I will try to do the very fast versions of the explanation and in particular comment on what is different in 10 vs. 25 man for those that haven't been there on 25 man.

I honestly have no idea if this will be a thing where we just blow it away or if we'll need tight coordination but we will soon fight out!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Thanks, was planning to read up on the basics. Just ran into an issue on the weekend with the burning crusades instances and not having a key.

Blizzard didn't make it easy for those of us who rejoin after missing BC and WotLK and want to go see the old stuff.

Also I'll check if Xora can tailor a pink tutu just incase it is a requirement ;p

Basley
  • Attunements are a thing of the past. There are a few key requiring instances but not many. The exceptions are I think one dungeon (one of the Achundun(sp) ones) in BC plus heroics in BC which require key which require rep. Oh and Kara that requires someone to have the key or there be someone with lockpicking skill in the group.

The only other dungeon limitation is in the ICC 5mans where you must run the first one before the second, and the second one before the third.

BC was the big attunement expansion but they removed the attunement requirements with WoTLK (and the associated quest chains in most cases.)
    Post edited by Zurena at 2011-01-26 15:46:41
  • Looking forward to seeing everyone there tonight. We still have a few spots open for anyone interested! But we should still be good to go with 22 if we can't find more.

We'll definitely bave some of our healers go dps that can, we'll play it by ear a little bit though but I'm not yet sure how many we'll need. Also, depending on where we need 3 tanks we'll have Gali tanking as well.

Invites will be at 7:50pm and we'll start at 8pm. See you all soon!
    Post edited by Jexii at 2011-01-30 10:00:58

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Hey, I've actually got an afternoon flight that's been delayed. Right now, it looks like I'll just barely be able to make it by the start time, but if not I may come in a little later. I'll let you know if that changes.
  • Ok thanks for the heads up. We'll get started at 8pm but hold a spot for you if you're late. Have a safe flight!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Just finished reading all 12 boss fights, that's a lot of reading, Not sure how much of it I'll be able to process and remember; so quick refreshers will be useful. That gunship battle looks like fun, I want my jet pack!!!!
  • Looking now like I'll be a little late, but hopefully I should be no more than 30 minutes
  • Not going to be able to make it this week I'm afraid. Good luck. :)
  • My flight's been canceled outright due to mechanical problems (apparently Delta mechanics can't fix a fucking tire) and I'm booked to fly out tomorrow. The upside is I'll have no problem making it to the raid tonight (and I'll spend tomorrow morning flying first class instead of working).
    Post edited by Shyloc at 2011-01-30 19:18:14
  • Great job everyone! We got all the way through to Sindragosa and got many achievements done.

I've posted a raid for 2 weeks from now to go back in and kill the Lich King himself!! Watch the videos, read the strats, there are some complicated things in here where if you stand in poo we all die, so there isn't much room for error even though we're all over geared now.

But we can totally do it.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Sorry I totally forgot about this. I was at work for 18 hrs and just crashed when I got home.
  • Shyloc said:

My flight's been canceled outright due to mechanical problems (apparently Delta mechanics can't fix a fucking tire) and I'm booked to fly out tomorrow. The upside is I'll have no problem making it to the raid tonight (and I'll spend tomorrow morning flying first class instead of working).

I was once delayed on a plane for 1.5 hours because the latch on the bathroom door wouldn't lock. After an hour, I was like, "Seriously? Give me a freaking screw driver!"
  • So, based on what we accomplished yesterday, to get Glory of the Icecrown Raider (25), we need to get the following done.

The Orb Whisperer (25 player)
    Once Bitten, Twice Shy (25 player)
    Portal Jockey (25 player)
    All You Can Eat (25 player)
    Been Waiting a Long Time for This (25 player)
    Neck-Deep in Vile (25 player)

And then we need to clear the 4 wings on Heroic mode.

I think we can get this done!
  • That was fun ... sad that it went a little slower than I expected. Also sad that it wasn't nearly as much Ashen Verdict rep as I'd hoped for ... stupid, dumb Blizzard!

Good times, though! Really happy to see a bunch of those achievements fly past the screen. Hilarious fight times on some of the bosses (i.e., how low) and on trash (i.e., how long when chain pulling).
  • I'm all for trying to get the ICC 25 man achievements done. This includes heroic Lich King, which my sources tell me that no guild on Eitrigg has done that yet (unless something has changed). So how fun would that be?

As long as there is interest and participation, I will post the raids. Next time (two weeks out because of the Superbowl) we'll work on the regular Lich King then go back in for heroic modes the following week.

I'm assuming this time works for most people since we did seem to have good participationn and at this time I don't see competing raids.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/raidachievement.aspx

That will help you know when you're boning an achievement -- I used it when working on ICC drakes and it came in very handy.

--
    aka Emolate aka Emo aka Sememe aka Senene aka Elmo aka Elmolatte
    Running Windows? Secunia will tell you if you have vulnerable software and browser plugins!
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

• You don't actually need to kill the Lich King on heroic to get the achievement. (There's a separate one for that, which gives you the Light of Dawn title.) But you do need to kill all the other bosses on heroic.
  • You cannot engage LK HM unless on the same ID you have killed the end-of-Wing bosses on Heroic.

Not all of them, just Saurfang, BQL, Sindragosa and Putricide.

chogall
    Uploaded with Skitch!
    Post edited by Ashtanga at 2011-01-31 17:20:25
    --
    aka Emolate aka Emo aka Sememe aka Senene aka Elmo aka Elmolatte
    Running Windows? Secunia will tell you if you have vulnerable software and browser plugins!
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

• Reminder for those of you interested in 25 man Lich King kill in ICC on Sunday. Don't forget to sign up!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Looks like we definitely have enough for tonight! if we get more that have experience with the lich king that would be great as well. I think the trickiest part will be the defiles since gear can't get you through mistakes on that.

Also, the achievement is to allow necrotic plague to stack to 30 during phase 1. This may be something we want to give a shot, if its not too difficult to do during phase 1 then when we get him down we'll have that one out of the way. If we go back on heroic mode, I definitely think we won't want to be attempting that achievement.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Great job killing the Lich King last night! Our first We Know 25 man Lich King Kill!

What's next? I'd love to keep going working on achievements. My initial thought is that we will go in and do heroic 25 man icc fights to work on the 25 man version of the achievement mount. If there isn't enough interest or people have a different idea the plan could change.

Other options (or future options include may include revisit uldular, naxx or ToC (or Grand ToC) on 25 man.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Gratz! Good job!
  • My preferance would be to give it the ole college try to get the 25 man ICC Achievement mount.

Getting that sweet Light of the Dawn title would be cool as well.

Based on the two runs for ICC25, we need the following achievements to get that mount.
    Heroic wings x4
    The Orb Whisperer
    Portal Jockey
    All you can eat
    Neck Deep in Vile
    Been Waiting a long time for this.
    (Not counting the personal achievement for the Blood Queen)

Not knowing how difficult the Lich King meta's are, I would say the only difficult one here would be All you can Eat. But it's worth a shot.
  • Sorry I had to leave last night, but as soon as the fight would start I would lose my connection. I'm traveling a lot for work currently, and hotel connections can be pretty hit and miss. I've actually stayed in my current hotel (Embassy Suites Montreal) a bunch of times and never had a problem, so I thought I'd be fine for the raid. I even got 1MB per sec download speeds on the patch.
  • I would love to work on these. When i left for medical afk we were about 1/2 way through initial running of Naxx, so i HAVE SOME CATCHING up to do
  • Jexii said:

Great job killing the Lich King last night! Our first We Know 25 man Lich King Kill!

thanks jexxi!
  • Don't forget to sign up! We need some more, we'll plan to tackle heroic mode ICC 25 man assuming we can get enough people!

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • So we're a bit light on sign ups if we want to do ICC 25 man, so unless we get a bunch more (I'd like 20 total) before tonight we might find another achievement challenge. I'd for sure like to finish uldular 10 man achievements, I have one left for my drake and I know a couple of us were close the other night. we will try to get a group together before we start for that.

We could do achievements in 10 man ToC, do 25 man naxx achievements. I'm open to options. Let me know if you have opinions or need anything in particular for those of you signed up.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • I'd say take a stab at ToC after we finish our 10 man cleanup from Thursday
  • My little guy has gotten sick, so I'm not going to make it on by start time. Not sire what time I'll make it on. All depends on when we can get him to bed. Sorry for the late notice.
  • Just to be clear... we're hitting Ulduar to finish up Thursday an hour before this raid, as we stated on Thursday. So if you are reading this and wanted to finish up Ulduar, get into game ASAP!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved