Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Clash of Clans - War Clan Strategies
  • Welcome to the Clash of Clans War Clan Strategies discussion. Please post discussions for our war clan.

For the war of 11/8-11/9.

We are going to try the strategy this time of early attacks for intimidation. If they see us score a lot of stars early in the war they will lose hope (at least that is the theory).

To accomplish this, everyone start by planning their attack against their mirror. For example, I'm at #1 and would attack their #1 mrfaraday. Baddz at #4 would attack their #4 who is franciskleins. This means you can build your war attack based on what you see in their base. If you think it will be easy to take out their air defense, try a heavy air attack (dragoon for example).

For the 2nd attack, you will then wait until most of the first attacks are done. Likely Sunday morning you'd do your 2nd attack against someone near your mirror who still has stars open. Call out who you plan to attack for 2nd attack here if you are building out a specific army so someone doesn't take your target.

Thoughts?
    Post edited by Jexii at 2014-11-07 22:37:41

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Gonna hit Dario for my 2nd attack
  • War Strategy idea: Split the 24 hour period up and have groups of 5 attack during different time windows. During their assigned time period, people would do their 2 attacks on whatever bases they think they can get the most stars, discussing what bases they should do, etc. For example:

Hours 1-4: Bases #21-#25 do both their attacks
    Hours 5-8: Bases #16-#20 to both their attacks
    Hours 9-13: Bases #11-#15 to both their attacks
    Hours 14-18: Bases #6-#10 to both their attacks
    Hours 19-24: Bases #1-#5 to both their attacks

Higher bases get more of time window since it takes longer for them to build their troops. Of course, this may not work because people may be sleeping during their time period. But some idea similar to this??
    Post edited by Sakushi at 2014-12-01 16:00:35
  • I like that idea. That gives everyone time to rebuild armies but also maximize stars. Also when the next level attacks they should maximize stars on their own range but those below them.

Its better for me to get 1 star on a lower level than no stars on a higher level. But we should be easily able to 3 stars the bottom 10-12 or so bases for sure. Leaving single stars down there seems like a waste.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • One challenge, did we do the math on times of day to make sure we aren't asking people to attack at their time 2am?

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • To get around the chance of 2am attack time window.. how about something like this?

If war started at 4:00 PM Central Time Friday.
    4:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST Bases #21-#25 Saturday afternoon/evening
    8:00 pm - 3:00 am CST Bases #16-#20 Saturday evening
    3:00 am - 12:00 pm CST Bases #9-#15 Sunday morning
    12:00 pm - 5:00 pm CST Bases #1-#8 Sunday afternoon

How long does each grouping need to rebuild troops? This will vary depending on level, of course. And if the previous group has finished all their attacks, the next group could go even if the time window hasn't started yet.

I think the most important is that we are doing attacks from bottom to top and giving lower to mid level bases a chance to get as many stars as they can.
    Post edited by Sakushi at 2014-12-01 17:36:09
  • Sounds like a plan to me! This is very similar to our initial strategy when we started warring, and we were winning more often. Let's get as ma y stars as possible from the bottom up. I really like the timing Sakushi laid out too.
  • Not sure how that translate to timezones where nonUSA people are. I know Knullar is in Sweden, right? Is Baddz outside the US? Is there anyone else in a non western hemisphere timezone?
  • So, central timezone is UTC-6 and Knullar Ruff and Baddz are UTC+1. They are both in the top 5 so would attack in the last window.
    12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST = 7:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m. DST Sunday night.

That seems doable. Knullar Ruff and Baddz??
  • Would it be good to label morning times, afternoon times, and evening times - to help everyone finish with their troop rebuilding after attacks before their next attack. I know that I like to rebuild right away and attack a.s.a.p. after my first attack as to not tie up my entire day.
  • Gladwin, you would do both your attacks in the same time window. So build your troops before your time window starts. Once it starts, do attack #1, re-build your troops, and do attack #2 as soon as your troops/spells are ready. Then you're done!
  • yeah so like CST is 7h behind CET.
    which means those of us in Central European Timezone, will be doing our war at night?

this means me and baddz, not sure who else.
  • ...and i also think that we are starting to micromanage the waring a tad...
  • The idea of the strategy is to help lower levels have a chance of getting stars so they go first. Then the higher levels go after them and clean up any easy stars leftover. So we can maximize the number of stars we get and maybe win a war? :)

I don't think it's micromanaging... just trying to coordinate this idea a bit.

Knullarruff, We did realize the time difference for you and Baddz, which is why it was asked both here and on clan chat whether it would work for you.
  • yeah i missed that, been busy... oh well i will try to get my attacks in. no promises.
  • I was very happy to see our numbers go up this week.

Having said that, could we consider a somewhat simpler plan? Here's a proposal:

Numbers 21-25 get the first four hours to go at it, meanwhile...
    Numbers 1-20 may attack the range from [mirror] to [mirror-5] down to number 20.
    After that, free for all with higher ranks encouraged to wait to attack.

What say you?
  • I agree with simpler! :)

Just to clarify..
    First four hours: 21-25 attack wherever they want (most likely enemy 21-25). 1-20 attack mirror to mirror-5 down to 20? After four hours is done. free for all?

Or are you saying the first attack for 1-20 would be mirror to mirror-5 down to 20 no matter when they attack?
  • I agree, the simpler the better. In general, lower level players try to attack early on, higher level players later. If you are high and can't wait, pick a target at your level or below (up to about 5 below)?

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Sounds good to me :).
  • Speaking as the one who is usually number 20. Attacking my mirror is often times pretty tough. Although it's prolly more because I suck at attacks.
  • I think one reason we did as well this last war was because the bottom 1/2 mostly finished their attacks before the top 1/2 did any attacks (with one exception, I think). That way the top 1/2 knew what was available and could go for lower stars. So encouraging the bottom 1/2 to finish their attacks early is a good plan.
    Post edited by Sakushi at 2014-12-08 20:37:57
  • Sakushi, your fist point is exactly my suggestion.

Arzozah, hopefully waiting four hours wouldn't be too onerous. (You are troop donator MVP!)

Plus, I think it would be good for all of us to bear in mind that this is basically a mobile, casual game and keep all our war strategizing at the level of 'suggestions' rather than prescriptions or rules. If something doesn't work for an individual, IMO they should just say so in chat and we can advise as a team.

We all want to win, but flexibility is good, too.
  • Personally, last week, the scramble of our best players at the end few hours was very exciting. I loved how we watched our team work at the end! It was really exciting to me! LOL. All in all, I think it is a good strategy to follow with bottom teams going first. Let's just hammer them this week!!!! My first Golems, wish me luck!
  • Any thoughts on the change?

Also, I think I'm preaching to the choir here, but I really hope we keep chugging and trying to improve on the war front. I enjoy warring as a change from raiding/farming and think it's worth it. Try to get better every time, attack every time!
  • I enjoy warring too. I'm taking advantage of the tough match-ups by reviewing attacks by the enemy clan that 3 starred and have the same troops as I do or at same TH level as me. I want to improve my attacking!

Do we want to start a discussion about war base troop strategies? It seems like it always comes up in clan chat.
  • I tried to...no luck so far. ;-)
  • A few thoughts on using dragons at TH8 based on wins and mistakes I've seen our opponents make:

1) forget about rage. Instead use 3 lightning to take out an air defense
    2) drop your dragons on the side where you took out the air defense
    3) spread your dragons out across 2 sides of the base. This seems to be more effective than dropping them all in one spot.

It may not get you 3 stars if they have decent level air defense, but it will likely get you 2 stars because there's a clear path to the town hall and the spread out dragons do enough additional damage.
    Post edited by mjbruder at 2014-12-21 09:15:58
  • Adding to what mjbruder said, here's what I did for a 3 star this war:

1. Request max balloons for cc
    2. Pick air defense that is closest to the edge of base with least amount of defenses around it. Use Barb King and hogs to take out that air defense.
    3. 3 lightning spells take out another air defense
    4. On the side of the other air defense, drop 3 dragons on one side, 3 dragons on the other. This will be the air defense that is closest to the middle. So dragons can spend time taking out buildings and other defense.
    5. Once dragons have cleared out that side, send max balloons and any remaining dragons down the middle. This should take out the other air defense and allow dragons to finish up TH and rest of base.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved