Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Clan Wars Participation
  • I'm putting this here instead of commenting in game because CoC doesn't lend itself to longer messages, but I just wanted to say that all of this talk about booting people because they don't participate in clan wars sucks. WK/WN is supposed to be about accepting and facilitating a wide variety of players and play styles. If people don't want to participate in clan wars, they should be allowed to do that. If that means we don't win every war, so be it. I don't remember us booting people in WoW because we weren't the #1 raiding guild. And if, because it's a different game with different mechanics, participating in clan wars is vital to the health of the clan, fine. Let's have a talk about that. But we need to have that discussion and not just declare out of the blue that a feature added to the game recently is now a requirement of membership and start removing people by fiat.
    Spencer Cross AKA Lurzmog | Balkhmog | Gobhoblin
  • I agree Lurzmog that I wouldn't want to boot just because people don't participate in clan wars. What I noticed was people requesting troops during war time and indicated they were for war, then not attacking at all.

Also, I think we're tracking inactivity overall, I've only been kicking people that aren't doing wars, aren't donating and are not showing a badge in several weeks in order to remove inactive players. Which by the way, they are welcome back the moment they become active again! I try to put that in the kick note.

That being said, why do you think people don't want to participate in the war at least once in a while? Its not like raiding where you have to dedicate 2-3 hours of time one or more times a way, its about a 2 min commitment within a 24 hour period at least every week or every few weeks if you don't want to do it weekly?

One other comment, a couple of the people I've noticed not participating are random invites that we took a chance on. I don't see myself booting a known we knower who doesn't want to war, but if we're going to have random people, I'd think they could war given that that is what the game is kind of about (raiding for resources anyway).

Thoughts?
    Post edited by Jexii at 2014-07-10 20:30:30

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • Jexii said:

Also, I think we're tracking inactivity overall, I've only been kicking people that aren't doing wars, aren't donating and are not showing a badge in several weeks in order to remove inactive players. Which by the way, they are welcome back the moment they become active again! I try to put that in the kick note.

I'm not sure that the metrics we're using are accurately reflecting activity. I got kicked and wasn't "inactive." I was active in the clan chat and donated plenty of troops overall, but didn't donate any during a clan war and got kicked. Are we checking the overall donation count in the clan roster, or only for individual wars? I know I was able ask for a re-invite, but it reset my overall troop donation count in the clan info window to zero, which is a real bummer. (Also, FWIW I didn't get any kind of note, I just logged in and wasn't in a clan anymore. Maybe they've changed this?)

Jexii said:

That being said, why do you think people don't want to participate in the war at least once in a while? Its not like raiding where you have to dedicate 2-3 hours of time one or more times a way, its about a 2 min commitment within a 24 hour period at least every week or every few weeks if you don't want to do it weekly?

I can't speak for anybody else, but I have no interest in offense. I collect resources and build stuff. I don't know anything about attacking anybody or troop configuration and don't have any interest in learning. I spend a few minutes a day here and there collecting resources and upgrading stuff and that's it. Even if I wanted to, I also make an effort to stay off my devices as much as possible on the weekends, which is when we seem to be doing all of our wars. So, there are two reasons.

Jexii said:

One other comment, a couple of the people I've noticed not participating are random invites that we took a chance on. I don't see myself booting a known we knower who doesn't want to war, but if we're going to have random people, I'd think they could war given that that is what the game is kind of about (raiding for resources anyway). Thoughts?

I think that's valid. I may be the only person for whom this is even an issue. Also, I can totally accept that participating in wars may be more integral to the group here due to game mechanics and booting people that don't play might be necessary. It just didn't feel very We Know that we were shaming and/or booting people without any larger discussion, especially since clan wars is a newer feature and older members might not be interested in it.
    Post edited by Lurzmog at 2014-07-11 18:53:22
  • Lurz, donations reset every two weeks back to 0 on the clan profile page regardless of if you've been booted, do you mean it reset your personal profile achievement status to 0? Otherwise I'm not sure I understand what you mean by yours were reset to 0.

In your case I removed you because you hadn't donated for a least a couple of weeks, hadn't warred and hadn't chatted, therefore I assumed, incorrectly that you were inactive. Its unfortunate that the message I write when I remove people doesnt get to you! Its not unlike in WoW how we removed players that hadn't logged in for several months. If you have a better idea for how to determine activity please let me know!

Because of the way the war matching works, we can't afford to have very many inactive players in guild. In fact since the clean up we now win more often than not. Before pruning were had a hard time winning any wars.

Anyway, keep up the discussion! We'll figure this out.

Jexii | Mexiico | Jezaal
  • So how can I join?
  • I saw you found us. Just a heads up, We Know is for the players who don't war. There's also a clan for people who war, We Know War, and I'm guessing most of the people you know from WK will be there.
  • Ah ok... Still figuring out how it works so I'll chill in WK till I figure it out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved