Want to chat with We Know members outside of WoW? Come join us by clicking the "Chat" tab above, or connecting through your favorite IRC Client to:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #weknow
Warlock Questions
  • I renewed my WoW account on Friday. I spend the majority of the weekend working on AddOns and clearing out my bank alts to make room when Cata comes out.

Its been awhile since I have have used my toon for anything other then casual PvPing. To put it in perspective the last Raid I did was the first boss in Ulduar the first week it opened.

I have a few questions I hope will get my on the right track again:

Warlock Specific
      Hows Affliction looking for leveling in Cata? I haven't had time to really examine the changes to Affliction in 4.0.1.

What Glyphs compliment Affliction Warlocks well in 4.0.1?

Professions
      I am currently Mining/Tailoring. Is there anything worthwhile (for warlocks, or a gold standpoint) in Cata the justifies keeping Tailoring (aka soulbound items). If there isn't I feel like I want to dump Tailoring for another gathering profession, probably Herbing. I feel like in BC having Tailoring was worthwhile, not so much in WoLK though (Though, I feel like I really didn't play much of WoLK.

Post edited by Kastang at 2011-05-27 09:00:34
  • I'm working on a project right now that you may find useful.

Go here: http://www.demonicpact.com/

--
    aka Emolate aka Emo aka Sememe aka Senene aka Elmo aka Elmolatte
    Running Windows? Secunia will tell you if you have vulnerable software and browser plugins!
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

• Thanks Emory. Ill check it out!
  • Kastang, I am not in the Beta, but I did a bunch of questing as an 80 post 4.0.1, and I have found that affliction still works really well. I will switch to Demonology if I need a tank for elites, or if I solo dungeons, but otherwise affliction still seems fine.

Even with a screwed up rotation (from being out of practice) and sub-par gear I still seem to do OK DPS-wise. Is affliction EJ-style best of the best? I don't know, but if Affliction is your playstyle, it is still great fun.
  • I prefer Demonology. I'm having a lot of fun doing pvp as a demo lock. The felguard pet has been beefed up tremendously and metamorphosis has extra toys. Combine that with the extra demon you get once every 10 mins, you'll be rocking it. In particular, in crowded areas you'll be loving Summon Infernal (AoE stun), Hand of Guldan (stun), Felguard's aoe axe spinner and your meta's Demonic Leap (also stuns area affected). While in meta-mode (glyphed to last longer) and with my 1K+ resilience, I'm pretty hard to kill. Oh, and use your Felguards Axe Throw to interrupt casts or stun rogues. As you can read, so much to play with, the demo lock's arsenal of spells is huge.

I sometimes also pvp as Affliction. Which is also pretty good (Exhaustion doesn't cancel bane debuffs, so you can dot and run easier!).
  • Ok, this may seem a bit off-topic, but do the imps of male characters also have earrings the way my female lock's imp does? :)
  • Yes
    --
    aka Emolate aka Emo aka Sememe aka Senene aka Elmo aka Elmolatte
    Running Windows? Secunia will tell you if you have vulnerable software and browser plugins!
    http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/

• Seeing level 85 spec all within 400 DPS makes me very happy (and this being over 22k) as I have my preferred specs. Thanks Emo, bookmarked to stalk you!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

WeKnow.to © 2006-2017 All Rights Reserved